Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Chloe, Love Grama..no d.



To my sweet Chloe, I have thought of so many things I want to tell you. There are so many I could write all day. The most important is I love you! You have always been my brightest star. You are growing so fast. Changing every time I see you. You are so funny, so smart and so beautiful. I have had the extreme blessing to see you almost every day of your life.

You and I have had some of the best times together. There is nothing I would rather do than spend time with you. You have had so many different names for me. I have been Grangy, Grams, Grandmama, Gamma and several others. I am currently Grama, no d. Sometimes I am momdadabbauntTgrama. That is my name when you forget where you are or maybe who I am. ‘giggle’. I love playing our silly little games. Miss librarian is pretty funny. You put my glasses way down my nose and then I talk in a funny voice. I love your little giggles! When I go to pick you up at school I watch for you in the pick up line. When I see you sitting on the sidewalk waiting I watch until you see me. As soon as you do, you perk up with a big smile and a happy wave. You love sitting in front of my little fake fireplace when you watch TV. Even if it is 70 degrees in the house you love to have the heat on you. When we watch Dinosaur Train you help me pronounce dinosaur names correctly. I am always amazed at how well you know how to say them.




You draw the best pictures for me. I had so many on the refrigerator. I decided to make a book of them. I picked out five of my favorite ones to frame and hang on the wall. You are such a great artist.
You are a real fashion guru too. You put together the cutest outfits. I love your freedom of style. We have spent hundreds of hours in the pool and hot tub. I bought a green bucket thing with wheels on it to carry all the toys and towels to the pool. We call it the ‘carry it chariot’. It even carries you. I can remember the first times we went to the pool. I taught you that you were safe in the water with me and you could trust me. I would never let go of you and now you swim around like a little frog. Used to be that if you got your face wet you had to get out and dry it off. The first time you jumped in over your head you loved it. I bet you did it over and over for ten minutes. You even go to the deep end now. You stand on my shoulders and let me throw you up in the air and splash into the water. You never forget anything. If I tell a story of something we did and I get even the tiniest detail wrong you let me know. There are so many wonderful memories. I can’t wait to make hundreds more with you as you grow. We have a wonderful relationship Chloe. I cherish that. It looks like this summer we will be spending a lot of time together. We are going to the zoo. We will go camping and of course more swimming. I can’t wait to see what adventures we can have! Your Uncle Chris gave you a nic name Chloe Bear. It stuck with me...



I love you Chloe Bear! Grama…no d.

No comments:

Post a Comment